Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rest in Peace Grandma.

I sat here all morning trying to think of what to say.
What to say about finding out that my Grandmother has passed away.


I searched and searched for a poem to use to express how I feel.
But I couldn't find one so I wrote my own in the hopes it would help me to heal.


I feel a loss but I have yet to cry. Ask me how come and I don't know why.


My grandma was in a lot of pain and very ill so I'm glad the pain is something she can no longer feel.


My Aunt Jackie did everything she could. Took care of her as I knew she would.


I struggled with going to see her before she passed but I decided not to go and just remember her from when I was there last. 


Grandma, I miss you, I love you and I'm glad I was able to tell you that. You're in Heaven now and you won't be coming back. 


The Griffin Family will never be the same without you here but I know that we will make it through year after year. 



Tell Daddy I said 'Hi" and give him a big kiss for me. Grandaddy, Momma Sally, Papa, Uncle Jimmy, Ashley and any other loved ones you see. 

You left many children, grandchildren and great grandchildren behind but we'll never forget you cause you will always be on our minds.


While writing this poem, I did finally cry cause I'm sad that you're gone but I understand why. God needed his Angel to live with him up on high.

I love you Grandma. Rest in Peace. 




2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Ray. I know this is a difficult time. I pray that God wraps his loving arms around you to comfort you the way that only he can. Love ya girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Reina. Love ya right back.

    ReplyDelete