Monday, February 28, 2011

My Review: Haus of Gloi


Yeah I know, I have an obsession with Bath & Body products. So what? I wanna smell good and be clean. Is that such a bad thing? Well anyway, I found this new company called Haus of Gloi and upon first look the company looks kinda gothic but actually they have really good products. Haus of Gloi is a husband and wife team (Matt & Britton) and they make and sell vegan bath & body products.


I am in a email group called DCSG and when they find out about a new bath & body product company, it's on and popping so I haven't told them about this one yet to ensure I received my purchase in a timely manner because once they get wind of it...all hell breaks lose. Turn around times multiply into weeks and even more than a month so I waited until I ordered and received my merchandise before I told them about it.

Anywho, I received my purchase in record time. I ordered on 2/24 and received my merchandise first thing on the 28th. 4 days total. LOVE IT!!! They came wrapped in Black and Tan paper and packed very nicely.

I haven't tried anything yet except for the Body Emulsion called Satyr which smells pretty good. I am really into sweet smells and it smells sweet but it's toned down a bit with the vanilla in it. Satyr is Italian blood orange drizzled with blackened vanilla. I really do like the scent though. Time will tell if the scent lasts all day like Lunableu. It is strong though. I put it on a little while ago and the smell is very prevalant.

I also bought 2 Sugar Exfoliants - one in Troika and the other in Depravity.

Depravity is clove, nutmeg lurk amongst the sweetest offerings of coconut, on a bed of rich golden amber, laden with a dusting of sandalwood and spilled wine. 
Troika is a  trinity of soft milks, almond, oat and coconut, lashed with sweet agave nectar and the ethereal scent of clean white. 


I also bought a soap called Honey Tree. (honey-woods-black vanilla-coconut milk) They’re soaps are cold process, not melt and pour. They’re loaded with a ton of amazing ingredients like coconut milk, olive oil, castor oil, and coconut oil.


They sent me a few samples some I ordered, others I didn't but I will enjoy testing them out. They are as follows:


Litch Milk Tea “tart Lychee fruit and black tea met with a splash of coconut milk”
Never thought I would like that but it smells really pleasant. 


Moon Dog - pure cracked coconut, dry sandalwood essence, heated with nutmeg and clove. ~ A nice scent.


Imp -  Peculiar passion fruit mingling with sun cured apricots, perfectly pink grapefruit juice and innocent whispers of wet mimosa blooms. ~ By far my absolute favorite scent!!! 


Satyr I described above, it's a decent scent, I'd rather the Orange not be toned down so much with the vanilla. 


Honey Tree kinda smells more like a manly scent to me. I will have to try this one on my husband and see how I like it.


Peach Mama - offertory frankincense, styrax, copaiba balsam and ambered labdanum absolute. Warmed with cassia and a barely audible breath of black patchouli. ~ the jury is still out on that one. It's nice but something about it, I don't quite like. 


They don't come close to having the variety of Lunableu as far as scents and they don't really pride themselves on sweet smells either (which are some of my favorite) but I must say they do have a high quality product and their customer service and turnaround time is impeccable.

They started out on Etsy but now have their own Haus of Gloi website. I'm excited to try the products out.
They also have whipped soaps, bubbling scrubs and pumpkin butters.

No comments:

Post a Comment