Friday, January 22, 2010

My Itchy Scalp

I try to write on this blog everyday but some days, I just forget. Well I went to the Dermatologist the other day because I was getting tired of dealing with my Itchy Scalp. 


I went to see Dr. Linda Crawford this past Tuesday in Bowie, MD. She is really nice. I like her. 
She'll be my Dermatology Doctor from now on. She diagnosed me with Seborrheic Dermatitis.
She gave me prescription strength Nizoral Shampoo and another kind of shampoo called Capex (haven't used it yet) and a prescription oil called Dermasmooth for my scalp. I put the oil in my hair last night and hubby massaged it in my scalp and I let it sit overnight with a shower cap. (those were the instructions) 


Got up this morning and washed my hair with the Nizoral. This stuff dries your hair out completely. UGH! But I saved it with the Orange Marmalade Hair Butter and it softened it so that I was able to comb it and plat it up. 



I hope these prescriptions help with my scalp itching and being all dandruffy. This dandruff problem is the reason why I can't get braids because I need to be able to wash my hair very frequently and get down to the scalp. She said there is no cure for it but there are things to help it. 

I'm hoping to research and find more natural solutions to help it cause I don't like the way the Nizoral makes my hair feel. I'll let you know if I find anything else that helps. Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment